Are you thinking about taking home a Bull Terrier dog? Then you must be well-informed about their unique qualities and loving nature.
Welcoming a dog in your family is a great responsibility. You need to provide shelter, food, and everything they need physically, mentally, and emotionally.
It is also crucial that you ensure their training and socialization to become well-behaved pets in any situation.
Bull Terrier dogs can be your best buddy. These dogs are known for their unique oval-shaped profile and triangular eyes. Also, they are very independent, playful, and cheerful canines.
Having them around will be such a joy for everyone in the family. So, have you thought of excellent Bull Terrier names for your new pet?
If you haven’t yet, we’ve prepared a list of popular, unique, and cool names you can aptly call your lovely Bull Terrier. Read on and to find the best one for your new friend.
Female Bull Terrier Names
When choosing Bull Terrier names, you will indeed consider their unique origins and their strong lineage.
We’ve picked names that reflect their roots and some that evoke their image in the early 1900s as a companion dog to the gentry.
You may find some of these names to be familiar, but others are foreign-sounding too. Have female Bull Terrier dog names!
- Amber – a beautiful yellow color
- Arya – a strong girl character from Game of Thrones
- Athena – the Greek goddess of War and Wisdom
- Aubrey – a typical English female name for Bull Terriers
- Autumn – pertains to the season
- Avery – a wise counsel, friend
- Basil – a flavorful spice
- Bella – meaning beautiful
- Biscuit – a favorite snack
- Blossom – a plant’s condition, a flower
- Bree – an upbeat girl
- Buttercup – kind of yellow flower
- Candy – sweets or treats
- Cassie – strong-headed girl
- Charlotte – a delightful pastry
- Cher – an endearment for a child
- Clara – means clear in Latin
- Crystal – unmistakeable, glass-like mineral
- Daisy – a beautiful flower
- Dixie – a nice southern name
- Dutchess – a female royalty
- Emma – means whole or universal
- Eve – the first woman creation
- Faith – confidence or trust
- Foxy – sly or tricky woman
- Gale – wind or joy
- Ginger – a strong spice plant
- Gypsy – a wandering woman
- Holly – a symbol of Christmas
- Iris – a type of flower
Other Bull Terrier names that you can give your good girl are:
Male Bull Terrier Dog Names
For male Bull Terrier names, you might want something badass yet very unique to its personality and breed.
Most of these Bull Terrier names have a distinct sound and feel that will remind you of your pet’s British flair. Here’s the list of perfect monikers that you might just love.
- Copper – the reddish mineral/metal
- Bandit – an outlaw
- Bear – a ferocious mammal
- Vito – means full of life in Spanish
- Jester – a royal clown
- Farrin – a blacksmith in French
- Gaspar – king of the treasure in Persian
- King – highest monarch
- Duke – another royalty
- Prince – the one who will inherit the throne
- Bully – an overbearing person
- Bruno – means armor
- Caesar – a long-haired
- Edward – protector of wealth
- Felix – means happy
- Frank – a free man
- Gus – short of Gustave
- Harry – ruler of the home
- Hunter – a hunter
- Max – means great
- Oliver – elf army
- Oscar – divine spear
- Rex – means king
- Rusty – means full of rust
- Shadow – mean dark side
- Simon – means a listener
- Spike – a long pointed material
- Victor – a winner
- Wolf – a wild canine
- Zeus – a Greek God
Other excellent Bull Terrier names that you can consider for your male best buddy includes the following:
Bull Terrier Puppy Names
Bull terrier puppies are adorable and delightful to have around. Naming them should not be hard for new pet parents. However, many are still undecided with what to call their new Bully puppy.
Here is a cool and cute selection of names that tackles their playful nature. Who knows, you might find something funny and lightheaded that suits your pet best.
- Jinx – a playful dog
- Ash – ideal for a gray-haired dog
- Champ – means the winner
- Free – for free-spirited dogs
- Truffles – delicious choco balls
- Coco – for chocolates
- Tiny – a nice name for a rut
- Toby – a common name for little boys
- Taz – from the Tasmanian Devil character
- Zoey – a cute name for Bull Terriers female puppy
- Archie – the famous comic icon
- Alex – means defender of men
- Bertha – means the bright one
- Bimbi – means glorious in Sanskrit
- Button – a small item for clothing
- Cake – a delicious dessert
- Chica – a beautiful girl
- Clara- means clear
- Dallas – means dwelling
- Diva – a famous singer
Other Bull Terrier names for your puppies include the following:
Miniature Bull Terrier Dog Names
These smaller versions of the Bull Terriers are the same as their standard-sized counterparts, except for their size. In the early 1900s, these dogs were recognized based on their weight.
These dogs share the same fun-loving, loyal, and clownish personality similar to any Bully despite such differences. Thus, you can choose any fitting Bull Terrier names for these mini-sized fur babies.
Our list of names for miniature bull terriers are cute and curated explicitly for their pint-sized goodness!
English Bull Terrier Names
English Bull Terrier names are frequently chosen based on their reputation as a muscular, healthy, and vigorous canine. Other times, pet parents decide to call their pets based on their temperament and playful nature.
Choosing the perfect Bull Terrier names for an English Bull Terrier should only be limited to English names. There are so many fun and exciting names that you can give to your dog.
Their unusual looks, full of life and energetic nature, needs a matching title too! Here are some great options for you to consider.
Funny Bull Terrier Names
Finding funny Bull Terrier names is also another excellent move for would-be fur parents. These dogs have a reputation for acting silly just to make their owners happy.
They are always full of energy, and they always give their all when they are focused on something. These dogs also have a habit of greeting strangers enthusiastically, and it can be both funny and scary at times.
Make sure that your dog goes through early socialization and training so that they will be at their best wherever you go out in public. Here are some funny, some silly, but all adorable Bull Terrier names for your loveable dog!
Unique Names for Your Bull Terriers
We know that your pet is one of a kind. There is no other dog like him or her. Thus, it is understandable that you’d want to find a unique and unusual name for your best buddy.
The Bull Terrier names under this category have an exact meaning, and they instantly make a statement to whoever hears it. We are sure that these names deserve your consideration.
Famous Bull Terrier Names
Unknown to many, Bull Terriers have that standoffish reputation as a gentleman’s companion. They were famous canines during the early 1900s, and even until now, they still are very popular.
It can be observed how they were a preferred companion by various personalities and celebrities. If you’re interested in Bull Terrier names based on their popularity, here are a few famous, exciting, and unique name stories to peruse.
- Willie – General Patton’s Bull Terrier
- Baxter – from the movie Baxter, “Beware of the dog that thinks.”
- Brut – from the Novel Answers to Brut
- Blue – owned and as famous as owner, the Canadian Hockey Commentator Don Cherry.
- Bodger – an old white Bull Terrier that starred in the novel and movie The Incredible Journey
- Bullseye – Bull Terrier names based character from the movie Oliver
- Chico – the dog in the Next Friday and Friday After Next movie
- Darla and Hoku – the Bull Terrier names by Kirk Hammett of Metallica band
- Diablo – owned by hip-hop artist Adil Omar
- Grimm – from the cartoon show Mother Goose and Grimm
- Jock – a famous dog in South Africa, a companion dog of Percy Fitzpatrick. Jock had his novel entitled “Jock of the Bushveld.”
- Kiwi – said to be a Bull Terrier but looked more like a Whippet.
- Lockjaw – the dog character in Sierra Pepper’s Adventures in Time
- Meatball – a white Bull Terrier owned by Major Gregory Boyinton in a TV series “Baa Baa Black Sheep.”
- Ronnie – is a dog owned by Rick Springfield. This dog appeared on the Working Class Dog album cover.
- Rufus – he is the most awarded Bull Terrier dog in history. Many pet owners use this for their Bull Terrier names list.
- Sam – this dog accompanied its owner, Alby Mangels, on his world travels.
- Scud – a character from the movie “Toy Story.”
- Spuds Mackenzie – she is the “star” in the commercials of Bud Light Beer in the 1980s
- Tugg – this dog gained popularity on the internet after rescuers chronicled his recovery after they found him abandoned and abused.
The Best Bull Terrier Names for Your Pet
Some of the most popular and best Bull Terrier names include Spunky, Spike, Squirt and Max. There are thousands of Bull Terrier names to consider.
Some prefer Bull Terrier names based on the dog’s physical appearance, while others pursue a name that best describes their characteristics. It is understandable if you wish to give them something unique or unusual too.
Thinking of a perfect name for your new pet can be as hard as choosing the dog itself! When deciding what to call them, choose a few names, and try to call your puppy with each one.
Typically, dogs react to the first syllable, and the one they respond to and recognize would be the best choice for them. We hope that you had fun looking at our list Bull Terrier names and that you finally came to a decision on what to call your adorable new pet!
Have you found the perfect name for your Bull Terrier? What names do you have for your pet? Share with us some name ideas by leaving a comment in the box below.
More Dog Names