Do you want an American Bully? Are you looking for American Bully Pit to be a pet or a breeding sire? Do you have any preference for a particular kind of breed? If so then we have different types of American bully to show you. A Bully Pit Dog is an excellent choice if you want one as a pet or as a breeding stud. The dog’s friendly and sweet nature is a direct contrast to its harsh and aggressive looks is what endears it to a dog lover. There are 5 different sizes of American Bully that are recognized and registered by the American Bully Kennel Club or ABKC. Each type has its physical traits, but overall the personality of the dog is friendly and protective regardless of style.
Different Sizes Of American Bully
- General Impression: The Classic Bully is an amendment to the Standard Bully. Its build and narrow-body structure are what defines the dog. It has body frames that are light with less overall body mass regardless of what its gender is. It still possesses the usual Bully traits despite having a traditional Pit Bull look.
- Size: Males have a measurement of 17” – 20” at that withers. Females have a measurement of 16” – 19” at the withers.
- Lifespan: Classic Bullies have a lifespan of 10 to 12 years.
Read the Full Guide About Classic Bully
- General Impression: Like other American Bully Pit, it is determined by its body structure and builds. Regardless of what its sex is, it possesses more body mass along with a body frame that tends to be heavier. The dog’s defining characteristics are having a wider look and more winkling.
- Size: This class has no appropriate height as well as weight.
- Lifespan: Extreme Bullies have a lifespan of 10 to 12 years.
Read the Full Guide About Extreme Bully
- General Impression: Another amendment of the basic Standard Bully. Its height as an adult is what determines the Pocket Bully’s physical traits. The dog has the same breed type, build and body type of the Standard Bully. However, it is a bit shorter when it comes to height.
- Size: Males are measured under 17” at the withers while females are less than 14” at the withers.
- Lifespan: Pocket Bullies have a lifespan of 10 to 12 years.
Read the Full Guide About Pocket Bully
- General Impression: This dog is compact and medium or large. It has a blocky head and body that is muscular. The Bully gives an impression of high strength proportional to it size. It also has the build and looks that look bulky coupled with a substantial bone structure.
- Size: The males have a measurement of 17” – 20” at the withers while the females have a measure of 16” – 19” at the withers.
- Lifespan: It has a lifespan of 10 to 12 years provided that its health is good.
Read the Full Guide About Standard Bully
- General Impression: Expect the same breed type, body type and build in this dog. This dog is another amendment of the Standard American Bully. The difference between XL Bully and the Standard Bully is that the XL Bully is taller and is more muscular, more massive and bulkier.
- Size: It’s over 20” – 23” at the withers for males while females are over 19” – 22” at the withers. These sizes are the biggest measurements found in any Bully dog.
- Lifespan: Average life expectancy is at 10 to 12 years. It can live longer if it is taken care of properly. Check our review about the best dry dog food for Pitbulls to gain muscle.
Read the Full Guide About XL Bully
How Much Do American Bully Puppies Cost?
I recommended getting an American Bully puppy instead of a full-grown American Bully. Older dogs are difficult to train and have certain personal behaviors ingrained in their personality. Yes, re-training is possible for older dogs, but, unfortunately, the re-training can be difficult and time-consuming.
MUST-READ: 300 Best Pitbull Names
American Bully puppies, on the other hand, are easier to train and discipline. Before buying a bully pit pup try to ask first if they are Standard, Classic, XL, Pocket or Extreme type of Bully. Just bear in mind that some kennels may not have a particular class of Bully pit. Be sure also to check if the American bully pup is healthy.
Breeding kennels like Gottiline, Razor’s Edge, Daxline, etc. breed and sell American Bully puppies. The selling of pups happens when they are at seven weeks or 10 weeks old. The price of the American Bully puppy depends on what bloodline it belongs to. Gottiline, Razor’s Edge and Daxline puppies have a maximum price tag of $5000 to $2500 USD while the minimum is $1500 USD. This expensive price is due to the puppy’s bloodline (Gottiline, Razor’s Edge and Daxline are well-known and popular established bloodlines) and the purity of it breeds.
Lesser bloodlines and non-pure breed are easier on the wallet. The maximum selling price is $800 to $600 USD, and the minimum is $500 USD.
Just be careful of some puppies being sold as “pure-bred” when in fact they are the opposite. It is not a good move to spend a considerable amount of money for a puppy that clearly is not worth the massive price tag.
Now you know the types of American Bullies you can choose. Regardless of what dog you get as a pet be sure to take good care of the dog and love it as a member of your family.
- Important Facts About Blue Nose Pitbull
- What You Need to Know About Red Nose Pitbull
- Adorable & Popular Pitbull Mixes
- Different Types of Bulldog Breeds
- Types of Pitbull Breeds